Sydney Japanese International School combines the serenity of its leafy Terrey Hills surroundings with modern facilities, including , well-equipped classrooms, sophisticated technology and state-of-the-art grounds. The SJIS field track and soccer oval is the epicentre for school events such as the much-loved annual Sports Day and regular PE lessons. You can often find SJIS students riding on their unicycles on this oval on a beautiful Sydney day!
The School library hosts the largest range of Japanese books in the Southern Hemisphere with over 20,000 novels including children’s, teen, literature novels and the much loved Japanese Manga.
The school provides large, modern, air-conditioned and well-equipped classrooms with ‘interactive whiteboards’ to enhance children’s active learning. In addition, computer rooms, science laboratories, and special subject rooms, such as Music and Home Science, are provided to facilitate academic learning.
Purpose built facilities
- Modern administration offices
- School hall / gymnasium
- Two art rooms
- Science lab
- Well-equipped music rooms
- AV theatre
- Food technology room
- Modern library
- Fully networked computer lab
- Indoor basketball court
- All weather, 200m running track for athletics
- Two long jump runways and sand pits
- Soccer field
- Shade covered playgrounds
- On-campus bus depot
- Off street parking for staff and visitors
- Tuck Shop offering Australian and Japanese lunches