- All rooms will have main windows, louvre windows and doors open to ensure clean air ventilation.
- Air purifiers purchased and installed in classrooms (downstairs classrooms, language classrooms and specialist classrooms)
- Fresh air is the most effective form of ventilation to minimise the risk of transmission.
- Using outdoor spaces will continue to be encouraged.
- All classroom seating is to be organised to encourage social distancing.
- No floor activities, unless educationally important.
- Mixed lessons are held from Term 2 (Coding, P.E.)
- Assemblies are allowed indoors with air ventilation.
- All staff to wear masks indoors while teaching Primary School students.
- High School students to be encouraged to wear masks, but not mandated as per the government guidelines.
- Primary School students to be encouraged to wear masks, but not mandated as per the government guidelines.
- All students on the charter buses and public buses to wear masks to and from school.
|Enhancing Cleaning Schedules
- Classrooms to be cleaned during breaks.
- Common walkways to be cleaned frequently.
- Large play equipment to be cleaned frequently.
|Hand sanitiser and soap
- Students to sanitise hands before entering the classroom each morning and before each main break.
- Students to clean their hands before eating food and before each main break.
|COVID-19 positive cases
- If your child is suffering from any flu-like symptoms, please get tested (PCR or RAT).
- If COVID-19 is confirmed by a positive test result, please follow the NSW government protocols. Currently, the requirements are to isolate for 7 days following the positive test.
- In the case of a COVID-19 positive case in a classroom, the classmates are not considered as Close Contact. Therefore the class will continue as usual. (Please carefully monitor for symptoms. If symptoms occur, have a test.)
- Students who are household close contacts and have no symptoms can continue to attend school if they follow guidelines.
- The parents have to notify the school
- Conduct a daily RAT and return a negative result each morning before attending school for 5 school days.
- The students must wear a facial mask indoors.
- The requirements for all school staff to be fully vaccinated remains unchanged.
- All students and their families are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated. Children aged 5 to 11 can now get vaccinated and parents and carers are encouraged to book their child in for a vaccination a the first available opportunity.
- It is recommended that allocated rapid antigen home test (RAHT) kits be used for “symptomatic testing” as required.
- School only needs to be notified if the RAHT test is POSITIVE. Parents then follow the Covid-19 positive case protocols.
|Parents on campus
- Parents are allowed on campus for student activities with permission from the school management. (Signing in at the reception and facial mask is mandatory.)
- Dropping off of students – follow the dropping off instruction.
- Picking up of students – follow the picking up instruction, parents to stay by their vehicle and not to socialise with other parents in carpark. SJIS Staff will manage the picking up of students with parents in the carpark, ensuring social distancing rules are followed.
- Any parent that needs to enter the Reception Area, must wear a mask.
- Activities such as singing and playing musical instruments (recorder, pianica) can now resume under strict Covid-safe guidelines.